Friday, 27 February 2009

Asian Writers Festival

The Asian Writer, an online site that introduces and showcases new writers of BME background is now considering holding a Writers Festival in Leicster.What a fantastic idea, especially if it is inclusive of all writers to take part in it. I firmly believe one of the ways of sharing and caring about all the groups in society is through literature. It is a wonderful way of getting to know people. I'm reading the 'Harmony Silk Factory' by Tash Aw and I'm learning about Malaysia in the 1930's.

My novel 2 is taking shape,nearly half way with the first draft. Ideas spring up in the middle of the night and I dash a few words in the notebook by my side, sometimes the writing is fuzzy making it fun(?) to decipher in the morning.

No comments:

Blog Archive