Monday, 16 March 2009

Double whammy

Just what every new writer dreams of ! The book that you worked so hard on, at the window of a bookshop vying for attention with all other authors.
Look carefully, it is on the shelf next to the one with a very famous Edinburgh author A.McCall Smith!My local Bookshop is a wonderful focal point of the community and I feel so good that they have placed my novel 'Twice Born' prominently in their window.

Fantastic start to the week.
It is so thrilling to see the support from my local bookshop. The shop is a lovely, busy part of the community.The Cafe is well used and the Children's section is a wonderful addition to the shop a colourful, warm welcoming place for the young.


Leela's Inspiration
Leela Soma from Milngavie has just published her debut
novel called "Twice Born" which you can buy in Milngavie
Bookshop.
Leela told Community Soup, "As far as I am aware there are
no novels by a Glasgow based Indo-Scot writer, so I hope
this will inspire other Asians to get into the mainstream
literature of Scotland and make a contribution to it."

Another lovely surprise- the local freebie paper 'Milngavie Community Soup' has mentioned my novel ' Twice Born' in their March edition. I feel really pleased that the community rallies around local writers.

No comments:

Blog Archive