Thursday, 30 September 2010

Lit Glasgow


So much happening in Glasgow that it glows with literary events almost every day. We are so lucky to have access to such a rich variety of events.

Reading the Leaves, Friday 1st October, Tchai Ovna, Glasgow. 8pm

MHAFF Oct 2nd 1-9 pm and OCT 3rd 1- 3 pm at the CCA, including Bernard Maclaverty. Many more films and plays eg: 'Four Plays' Readings 'Life.'

Strathkelvin Writers' Group meets every Tuesday at 7.30pm in the hall of St James the Less Episcopal Church, Hilton Road, Bishopbriggs.

'40 Plays for the price of one' at Oran Mor in the 'A Play, A pie and A pint' season at 1 pm, Monday 4th oct. : http://playpiepint.com/?p=2155

National Poetry Day 7th October has events all over the city. The Federation of Writer's (Scotland) has a top event at GOMA don't miss it.Check out their website www.writersfederation.org.uk/

Weegie Wednesday 0ct 13th Universal Bar 7.30 pm. Too good to miss.

I often find that there is so much going on that maybe we all need reminders. So here's my proposal. I'll update every fortnight the events that I am aware of in Glasgow. If you know of any others do FB me or email me and I can add them to my fortnighly list.

2 comments:

Lotus Reads said...

I love Fall Leela and it's precisely for the reason you stated: the abundance of literary festivals/events!!! "Reading The Leaves" immediately stood out for me, what a lovely title for a book event...did you go?

Leela Soma said...

'Reading The Leaves' is a poetry event Angie and takes place every month in a really cute tea place. I couldn't make it this month.

Blog Archive