Saturday, 7 September 2013

Tartan Noir?

After a rather long hiatus I'm back to share some exciting news. I have been shortlisted in the 'Pitch Perfect' Competition at the 'Bloody Scotland' Crime Book Festival. This is the second year of the new Festival and the line up of writers from all over Scotland, UK and International is stunning. 

My local paper 'The Milngavie and Bearsden Herald' also mentioned the news of my being one of the finalists in this weeks edition. It is exciting but the fact that I've to deliver a three minute pitch to a panel of experts including literary agent Mark Stanton of Jenny Brown Associates, editor Alison Hennessey from Harvill Secker and last year's winner Joseph Knobbs fills me with trepidation.  

The new novel's pitch 'Mayhem At the Mela' will hopefully interest them. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Hope you all had a good summer break.

No comments:

Blog Archive