Thursday, 26 June 2014

June- a diary

Rabbie Burns famous lines on love and June:

O, my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June.
O, my Luve's like a melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

Sets one's mood for the month of sunshine, and happiness to look forward to. Well, mine started with a visit to Glasgow's Mela on the 8th of June. A lovely few hours spent walking around Kelvingrove Park along with the 40,000 other revellers, food, music and dance, what more could one want? The Mela grows bigger each year, a real multicultural event, with the Parade snaking down Byres Road setting the tone for a happy day in the sunshine.



On the 12th I did a reading with others at GWL's Poetry at the Botanics. It was most enjoyable to see seasoned poets and beginners reading their work. 

On 14th I attended Indian function in Lanarkshire with Classical dances and fusion with Thai, and Scottish country dancing. A wonderful evening. 

19th was the book launch of Sue Reid Sexton's new book 'Rue End Street' at Waterstones. It was really good with a little drama added to the reading, which spiced it up. 

Hay fever really is a downer in summer months for me and this year was no different. Suffering on and off with bouts of it. 

21st dawned with my short story published in the National newspaper 'Scotsman.' I am well chuffed. Not only was my mug on the front page but the story was a double page spread with a superb illustration. Made the whole thing amazing! 

On 24th I was at the CCA where SWC had an interesting talk by Lesley McDowall on Feminst Literature. 

This evening the 26th  I'm off to see my friend June playing Lady Bracknell in 'The Importance of Being Earnest'. 
June has been a full month. 

No comments:

Blog Archive