Tuesday, 5 August 2014

July 2014

July started with a bang with A free ticket to Kevin Bridges comedy show at the Theatre Royal. Friend Alison was kind enough to let me join her in the fun show on the Commonwealth and the Referendum. They were filmed in front of a live audience so it was super to see one of the shows, the Commonwealth one edited and on the TV. He's a brilliant young comedian and I really enjoyed the show despite being bothered with awful hay fever.

Paid my membership to the SWC, was lax in doing it on time, sorry folks in the SWC admin! Oh, and the gym membership has also been renewed, though I do feel guilty using it so little.

Lovely to see that my poem 'Pearl' set in Ansthruther has been added on to the Poetry map of Scotland , a wonderful new project by Stanza.  Here's a link to the map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zlqrqfPpHmPI.ki3k4OoDqFXQ

Had a lovely meal with a Sri Lankan friend Rani at the new South Indian restaurant in Hope Street 'Rishis'.  Good quality food but needs a bit of TLC with the decor and on customer treatment etiquette.

Glasgow was buzzing with the Commonwealth Games and had to go along to Milngavie town centre to see the Baton arriving here.



My regular meeting with my KSS friends at Dobbies went ahead. It is so good to meet up with ex colleagues, now good friends and see how their lives are filled with family events,and trips abroad.

We had a lovely trip to Oslo, my first visit to a Scandinavian country. Stunning scenery all around, it was heightened by the fact that my nephew's flat had views of the Fjord. I also loved the 80 degree hot sunshine. The best thing was my hay fever subsided. Yay!



Not great news on the health front had to have two blood test, feeling quite lethargic and little energy to do anything worthwhile. Looking forward to August and the EBIF!


No comments:

Blog Archive