Monday, 1 June 2015

Byward Market Ottawa- a photo blog

Byward Market in downtown Ottawa is worth a visit. Huge stalls that sells some amazing things. Fruits, flowers, and things you'd see in any open markets around the world. But I did find the atmosphere amazing. Here's why:


 A Japanese woman singing her arias!








 A strange vehicle, well a rickshaw but how nicely done up!











I loved the Beaver Tails. I had them at the Ice Festival in February 1999! I loved the taste ever since.




This wee cat was really something else. Happy to be on its owners back. Quite fierce looking, close up. The owner said it was a Bengal Cat! I'm not a cat person, so no idea if that is right! 


As a Glaswegian, how can one not have a wee taste of free wine. Middle of the day, did you say? Well I'm on holiday so anything goes! A wee libation is allowed!







As for this pic, a lovely young lass was doing an Irish jig at the street corner! Now how nice is that?








All in all Byward Market was a treat to all the senses. So if you are in Ottawa, don't miss it!

No comments:

Blog Archive